- Dive into a playful dance practice with the Dancing cards APP. Enjoy the spontaneous movement epiphanies and discover the pleasure in reforming your dance practice again, again and again. The Dancing cards APP dance tasks are crafted by experimental dance artists and the Dancing cards Team. Ages 16 and up.
- Exploring new movement pathways refreshes the body and the mind.
- Our favorite idiom
- “Two minutes of improvised dance (+the apple) a day keeps the doctor away.”
- How To…
- Download the Dancing cards APP (Available in iTunes by March 30th)
- Interpeter the written dance tasks with your movement
- Keep a video and written dance journal to recognize patterns and personal associations.
Learn to work with your unique movement history and body
in order to expand the idea of dance.
Through Dancing cards online Collaboration,
you can create dances with our professional dancers in NYC via Dancing cards APP.
THE DANCING BRAIN
Improvising with Dancing cards activates the parts
of your brain associated with creativity,
navigation and planning.
The Dancing cards dance tasks are not only designed
to move your body but also your mind.
“When you get to discover new movement with the Dancing cards, you want to share it with others.
Teaching with Dancing cards is an inspiring experience. It is wonderful to see how the movement moves children’s minds. Each Dancing card has a unique movement task, which gives you preparedness to create your own movement."
Ada Freund, Helsinki Finland
"With Dancing Cards ™ you have a wonderful opportunity to adopt an investigative mind set that opens thought to understanding the cues and signals of your body. Realizing your movement potential opens a rich source of motivation to pursue any form of physical activity from sports to yoga."